How do you encourage children to read books? A good recipe for inculcating a love for reading in children is one part consistency, a dash of discipline and large amounts of love! It’s a process that involves the whole family and should be enjoyed by all. We suggest adding these steps to your ‘recipe’ mix to sow good reading habits in your children.
- Tip #1 Make Reading Fun
- Tip #2 Don’t Just Say It, Model It
- Tip #3 A Cosy Reading Nook
- Tip #4 Themed Reading Corner? Always Fun!
- Tip #5 Read the Book, then Watch the Movie
- Tip #6 Read Aloud, It Always Helps
- Tip #7 Reading in Rhymes
- Tip #8 Book and Bake
- Tip #9 Ask questions